Thinking of a New Career?
Posted by scott30483
Perhaps more than any other profession, real estate is the domain of the motivated entrepreneur. Real Estate is led and dominated by people with talent, savvy, a commitment to personal service, and a need to succeed.
If doing things you enjoy each day and earning a great income while having control over your schedule and personal time equals a fabulous career to you, then you are in the right place. Our tools and experience are second to none and are designed for Agents who expect a high level of success. Explore the many tools on our site designed to help you make the right choices for your career.
Four Steps to Increase Your Success When Making a Career Change
- Take a Look in the Mirror: If you’ve decided that it’s time for a career change but aren’t sure what direction to go in, start with some self-reflection. Evaluate your values, skills, personality, and interests. Think of your ideal day at work. What activities and tasks would excite you?
- Match Them Up: Make a list of the professions that interest you and investigate them to see if they match up with the mirror test you gave yourself.
- Research: Go on interviews and seek out people who are successful in those professions that you identified. The best source of information will come from people who have firsthand knowledge of the industry.
- Develop a Plan: Once you’ve decided on your new career direction, you’ll need to develop a plan toward entering that profession. Write out exactly what you need to do, estimate the time frame for accomplishing these steps, and identify the related costs.
Do some research on becoming an agent now by trying our Career Center Tools, you’ll find them in the tabs above, where you can:
- Play the role of an agent.
- Interact with virtual clients interested in buying or selling property.
- See how you measure up to the top performers in the industry.
About scott30483My name is Scott and I like to travel. There I said it, wow that does feel better. There is probably a program for my affliction somewhere. I am what I would consider a Normal Guy. I am a native Arizonan, sometimes we are called “Zonies”. I am in my mid 40′s and enjoy a great life. I am self employed and have a wonderful daughter and Partner. Although I would say my life is a fairly normal one, I am also quite lucky in that I have the ability to travel and enjoy the world, I enjoy learning about other cultures and experiencing the world around us. I want to be right upfront about the type of travel I enjoy and the type I don’t. You will probably not ever read a story of about me backpacking my way through the serengeti during the height of summer, nor will you probably read any stories of me sleeping in the presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton in Paris. I am not a budget traveler, nor am I an uber luxury traveler, I fall somewhere in the middle, where most people fall I believe. I started this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my stories, my views and my excitement for traveling around this world with my friends, family. However it doesn’t stop there for me, I also wanted to make friends with others around the world, those who travel and those who dream of travel. Blogs and Websites evolve over time, mine will no doubt expand over time as well please come back and see what has taken place. However if you have come to my blog to schedule a flight or a hotel, this is not the place.
Posted on April 5, 2013, in Business Planning, New Real Estate Agent, Veteran Real Estate Agent and tagged BHG Real Estate, Buying, Career Change, Homes, New Agent, Real Estate, Sales, Selling, Sonoran Desert Lifestyles, Success. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.